This is the first summer since I graduated college that I am not teaching summer school! That means I’ll actually have a summer to do things! I can actually sing School’s Out for Summer! I won’t have to set my alarm every day and be the one falling asleep still at 9pm anymore! I’m so so so so excited.
Here’s what I know I’m doing this summer:
- AP Summer Institute
- Twitter Math Camp omg!
- Going to a wedding of one of my drumline friends yay!
- Seeing the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play Holst’s The Planets
- Celebrating my birthday – a quarter century!
- Running the B10 10K (hopefully I make it – my #FitBoS numbers do not look so good right now)
Here’s what I want to do this summer:
- Plan plan plan for all my classes (aka bookmark/tag in Evernote all the blog posts)
- Figure out a plan for homework in my classes
- Make this happen for my classes for SBG
- Write my SLOs for my classes (or at least one)
- Read Embedding Formative Assessment by Dylan Wiliam (attempting to read during our 25 minute Drop Everything and Read days this semester got me through a total of 65 pages)
- Read The Best of the #MTBoS by the #MTBoS
- Actually work out (once again – #FitBoS challenge)
- Learn to cook some things (I’ve been able to try some of those crock pot meals from #MTBoS12days and want to try the rest because every single one was awesome, but also need some summery dishes) I bought eggs so now I have to learn to make eggs first
- Play some video games with my brother
- Almost finish one class in Build Your Own Curriculum so I don’t have to do as much during the school year (we need to have one class planned by the end of the school year)
- Go to Starved Rock at least once because I’m only 15 minutes away and have only been there once and that was before I moved here
- See all my friends
- Get a plan for doing my masters
- Inventory/Catalog all of my boyfriend’s band stuff
- Catch up on all the blog posts in my Feedly
- Make group white boards
- Relax and sleep and relax and sleep
C’est beaucoup mais j’ai hâte!