One way that I communicate with parents is by my Class Twitter (an idea I stole from Annie Forest). At the end of every week, I have students do a Weekly Summary. One of the prompts they have for that is to answer the “Tweet Question”. Guardians do not see these answers when they get the emails. That’s because I curate the tweets to put on our class Twitter. I usually use one tweet per period. I have the Twitter feed on my class website and currently have 5 followers…but some students have said that they just look on my website. I also post pictures from class on the class Twitter. I haven’t gotten any parent comments about it yet. Honestly I don’t know if any look at it. I just keep putting reminders that it’s there when I send my unit emails and, if nothing else, it’s nice for me to chronicle the year.
The Tweet Questions I ask can be something about the current topic, or can be more general. Some examples:
- What is the most difficult part about ____?
- What is one piece of advice you’d give about ___?
- How can you use ____ in a real-life situation?
- What do you wish your teacher knew about you?
- What is one good thing that happened this week?
- What is your goal for next week?
- What is your favorite ____ and why?
I try to get one per class to post but sometimes I do more.
J’espère que les parents apprécient les mises à jour.